Oh my goodness, it was so. much. fun. to watch him watch it. Movie magic, y'all. He was so into it, like when his whisper of "Get out your lightsaber" when Luke encountered Vader crescendoed gradually into a holler: "Get out your lightsaber. Get out your lightsaber! GET OUT YOUR LIGHTSABER!"
Of course, it wasn't long after that we needed to watch A New Hope and Return of the Jedi. And ever since it has been all Star Wars, all the time with this kid.
Matt and Mandy, the costumes you sent us back in '07 have seen new life the past two weeks.
The gift that keeps on giving!
Yep, definitely thankful for childhood gems like this.
"Here are two ways to help children (and us mothers) practice the skill of gratitude so that they can learn to land gratitude too:
"1. Thankful Time: We have 'Thankful Time' right before bed. Each person in our family tells us what they are thankful for that day. The responses range from the serious to the silly. As the mom, I model thinking outside the box like, 'I am thankful the light turned green' or 'I am thankful you guys made it home from school safely.' So although Crew’s response almost every night is 'I’m thankful I got to play with Trey,' at least he is hearing all the different ways blessings can manifest themselves.
"2. Good News/Bad News: When something negative happens to my children, I acknowledge what is wrong, or frustrating or what hurts with the 'Bad News'. Then, we find a bright spot in the situation with the 'Good News'.....You really can apply Bad News/Good News to almost any situation. I am hoping this parenting technique teaches my children to acknowledge and accept the pain or discomfort of the moment, but then move on and find the good in every bad situation."
Excerpted from "Landing Gratitude" by Tiffany Erickson
2 comments:
The cutest. I wish there was video of him watching too.
So cute!
Post a Comment