So, Star Wars love has taken over our house. A few weeks ago we let the kids watch the original movie (after some begging by Shayne since he already knew most of the chracters from a Star Wars Lego game). That viewing led to The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and Episodes I and II soon after. I know some might say, "Wow, that's a little young, isn't it?" and I'm sure there are others who would say, "It's about time! My kid was quoting Star Wars at three." All I know is that they love them. And now our everyday includes Star Wars in some way or another...
The other night we were driving somewhere and the kids saw a star in the sky. We started teaching them the wishing rhyme ("Starlight, starbright...") and Shayne told us his wish was to be a droid.
I wash a Star Wars Yoda t-shirt that was passed down from Ethan every other day for Shayne. He starts to get the shakes if he goes too long without wearing it.
Gracie regularly asks me to help her put one of her jackets on and then "pretend this jacket is a brown vest like Han Solo's." Yep, she will occasionally play the part of Leia if she has her nightgown on, but most of the time her name is Han; apparently he is much cooler since he has a wookiee and a Millennium Falcon.
I often get to play the part of Vader, usually as I am standing innocently in the kitchen, unaware of their game, and then am all of the sudden attacked by a jacket/vest wearing girl and lightsaber-wielding boy.
Today at lunch, Gracie informed me that she wishes Han Solo could come to our house and talk to her at bedtime and put her to sleep. (Brendon does not like the fact that I echoed her wish for myself. LOL)
I am getting quite adept at changing and putting together a Millennium Falcon transformer. I'm thinking about adding this skill to my resume.
"I've got a bad feeling about this" is a phrase regularly heard in our home now.
No comments:
Post a Comment