Monday, November 4, 2013

30 Days of Thankful: Sunrise

Today I am thankful for beautiful sunrises. This semester I have been going in to work earlier so that I can be done earlier, and I've never been a morning person. It's hard. But. I swear that every single time I've felt a little grumbly about getting up so early, I have been greeted on my drive by an exceptionally beautiful sunrise that lifts my heart and surprises me each time. So thankful for this tender mercy!






"Nature's beauty is a gift that cultivates appreciation and gratitude.

"You think this is just another day in your life? It's not just another day. It's the one day that is given to you today. It's given to you. It's a gift. Is the only gift that you have right now, and the only appropriate response is gratefulness.

"Look at the sky. We so rarely look at the sky. We so rarely note how different it is from moment to moment, with clouds coming and going....That formation of clouds in the sky will never be the same as it is right now. Open your eyes. Look at that. "

From "Nature. Beauty. Gratitude." by Louie Schwartzberg (You really should watch the incredible video that accompanies this TED talk if you've never seen it!)