Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Miracles

"Christmas is a time when we should all expect heaven’s entrance into our dusty, dirty worlds. Christmas is a time that reminds us all that miracles really do happen, prayers are actually answered and that heaven is just one response away. You honor God when you ask of Him the impossible! Impossible is what the God of Christmas does best!"

I wrote over the weekend about the prayers that were answered for my Aunt Helen. I had shared the above quote (from a Christmas devotional) with her before her surgery, and was reminded of it again last night when I read my friend Sara's blog post.

Do you remember Sara and her daughter Adah? This month marks the two-year anniversary of the transplant that saved Adah's life, one of those Christmas miracles in our dusty, dirty world. And today they are in Houston for her annual exam and are asking for prayers--for continued health for Adah, for insurance coverage, and for strength and peace as they endure this trying day.

O come, Thou Day-Spring, come and cheer
Our spirits by Thine advent here
Disperse the gloomy clouds of night
And death's dark shadows put to flight.
Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel.



 
UPDATE: Because of some insurance issues, the appointment has to be rescheduled for sometime in  January. Keep them in your prayers!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I hope all goes well for Sarah and her sweet daughter. And so very thankful for our miracle with Aunt Helen's news after her surgery!