Thursday, August 26, 2010

Help

"Let us all help one another, that we may sit down together in heaven."
                                                                                       Lucy Mack Smith

On Tuesday, I received the very happy news that my mom's latest biopsies and cancer scare were just that, a scare. She got the all clear and is still cancer free. Deep breath of relief. However, on Tuesday, I also received an email from a dear friend of mine from graduate school sharing the news of her daughter's diagnosis with Acute Myeloid Leukemia, and asking for prayers. Oh, how my heart aches for this amazing family. Sara, my friend, is one of the smartest women I have ever known, and she and her husband and their sweet little girls truly give over their lives in service of God's kingdom. It makes the burden of cancer, which is NEVER fair, seem particularly cruel.

Will you pray with us for these friends? For Adah, that her immuno-suppressed body will be free from infection, that she will remain cheerful and resilient. For Jason and Sara, that they will have strength and comfort, that they will have joy amidst the pain and be able to treasure each day. For Claire, that she will stay healthy so that she can be with her big sister and parents in the hospital. If you would like to read more about this special family, you can visit Adah's CaringBridge site here. (You might have to sign in with your email address and create a password if you've never visited CaringBridge.)

I know that these are not my only friends who need prayers. I can think of others, like my friend Lorraine, and her unborn son with HLHS. Their family and baby boy will need strength to meet the coming challenges. Still others of you may be facing things I am not aware of. I hope you know I am here to help any way that I can.

Thanks, friends.


4 comments:

Shelly said...

Tears are flowing! These families will be in our prayers.

M&M said...

I am very familiar with the CaringBridge site. I have been checking it daily for a family friend from Wheeler. We will do our part.

Lorraine said...

Thank you, Leigh! We had so much fun with your kids at the spray park, and it was wonderful just to be able to talk to you :)

Becky said...

Praying. Keep us update?