Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back in the Saddle

Back2 
Back to school...even Alex. I'm a taskmaster, I tell you.


We've been spending the last week and a half adjusting to the earlier mornings and more scheduled days. And quite frankly...


I'm tired.


So is Alex. The other day, he fell asleep flat out on the floor, which he has never done before. Poor baby.


Sleep 


Change is rough. The first day I taught, I came home to him beating on the door and crying. The second and third days, he was all smiles. Then we went and changed things again on him, with Bekah, our sitter, staying with the kids this week instead of Jenny. It didn't quite set him back to square one, but he is definitely clingy when I return and is taking longer naps than usual. His way of processing it all, I guess.


And now I'm going to go process it my way...caffeine.



4 comments:

Shelly said...

poor little guy! so sweet.

Sarah said...

Does he seriously sit and color? If I tried that with Wade, he would do at least one of the following: dump out the container onto the floor, eat them, and color on the walls.
Did I use my colon right? I thought I would give it a shot. :)

Alison Havens said...

Thinking about you as you start your school year!

Sissa said...

Love your kitchen table...do you mind me asking where you got it from? I've got a friend looking for a brown table and I think she'd like yours.