Tuesday, October 19, 2010

September

So, September.


We partied with Mario, Yoshi, and the rest of the gang.


 Mario


Poor Aubs burned her hand terribly when she grabbed my curling iron one Sunday.


 Hand


Not a great day in the Moore household. On the bright side, having her hand bandaged for two weeks may have broken her thumb-sucking habit.


I turned thirty-something and celebrated by watching my children sword fight and beat each other with balloons. We know how to party.


  Balloons


I also came home that day to this cute banner made by Gracie:


 Bann1  Bann2


"The Kids Love Mommy. Happy Birthday 35 from The Kids."


And we enjoyed this ree-diculous cake made by Brendo.


 Cake


It was almost too much, and coming from a peanut butter and chocolate lover like me, that's saying a lot! You can find the recipe here: Bakerella. Thanks, Lauri!


We also had Jenny staying with us for about half of September while she was in limbo between College Station and Seattle, which was fun for us.


Jenn


While she was here we had several nights of this scene, them piled on the bed together, looking up an endless number of jokes to try out on Mom and Dad. Endless.


Then, as you know, we hit the road and Brendon and I really did celebrate our anniversary with a Wal-Mart dinner. Only it was in Vernon, Texas, and I'm telling you, it was the nicest Wal-Mart I've ever been in, in this little nothing of a town near the Oklahoma border. It was an anniversary miracle.



3 comments:

sharon said...

I learned this too late... but egg whites pulls the heat out of burns so that you don't continue to cook for 6 hours.

Shelly said...

Busy month but looks super fun! I love the pictures of the sword fighting and Gracie's banner.

Shannon said...

Andrew has the same Mario shirt as Shayne! Kohls? Fun month!