It's really fun when your kids "discover" something from your own childhood. Obviously, Star Wars is an old and new favorite around here, but Shayne and Gracie also love watching Tom and Jerry and Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner. It is so funny to hear them giggling at those shows, and they always want to rewind and show me "this one really funny part," which invariably involves either someone dropping--you guessed it--an anvil on someone else's head or making someone run off of a cliff.
The latest "new" discovery is Inspector Gadget.
I'll pause here while you sing the theme song to yourself...go ahead, you know you want to.
Right now I'm typing this while listening to Shayne in the other room imitating Dr. Claw's voice: "I've got you now, Gadget." Gracie is playing the part of Gadget and an unwitting Aubrey is Penny. Hilarious.
9 comments:
I still love to watch the "old" cartoons. Much, much better than the ones they have on now!!
FUN! I'd love to show my kids Inspector Gadget. Where did you find that video?
My kids are obsessed with Tom and Jerry, the Jetsons, The Flintstones, Smurfs and all other "old" cartoons. They think it's great that I can tell them how the cartoon ends.
Yes! Bryant and I were watching Inspector Gadget on Hulu.com a couple of days ago. Awesome.
Bryant also likes the old Pink Panther cartoons. Good stuff.
Kerry, we've watched them on both hulu.com, like Clark mentioned, and on Netflix.
That's too funny that you say this because for the past couple months, this is totally what our kids are doing. Though I can't say that they know Inspector Gadget yet. However, they watch Tom and Jerry (have for years), and now it's Flintstones, Jetsons, Pink Panther and on and on. It just cracks me up!
I still can't go without thinking "I should have taken a left turn at Albuquerque" each time I hear the flight announcement. The best!
Spencer has traded in Handy Manny for Scooby-Doo. "Daddy, want to watch a movie?" Sure Spence, what are we going to watch...."SCOOBY-DOOOOOO!"
Post a Comment