Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"It's a trap!"

We have very stimulating dinner conversations around here. They go something like this, "Mommy, you're boy-trapped!" or "Shayne, you're girl-trapped! Hahahaha!"


I can't remember exactly when Gracie came up with this little game, but for quite awhile now, it's been played at every meal time without fail. Everyone sits down, and the analysis begins. (If we're lucky, we can say grace before the exclamations start.) If a girl is sitting between two boys, she is boy-trapped, and vice versa. You can also be parent-trapped (ha!), kid-trapped, or even aunt-trapped. Sometimes they strategize while setting the table, and sometimes it's not enough to find the traps after we're all seated, they go on by figuring out all of the possible scenarios if one or more of us changed places.


Stimulating, I tell you. You'd think it would get old and eventually be dropped...apparently you'd think wrong. So watch out if you ever come to dinner at our place; you just might get "trapped."


Trap


Right before I sat down and girl-trapped Shayne at Fuddruckers.



1 comment:

Shelly said...

I totally forgot Gracie and Shayne did this until now. I wondered why Lauren always tells Ethan that he is girl-trapped when we sit next to him. Now I know!