We had a relatively small and quiet Thanksgiving Day at my mom and dad's this year. Jenny, Bill, and Clark, Marchelle, and B were all there, as was lots and lots of yummy food. As it should be.
Before dinner, while the kids were still looking nice, I asked Brendon to try to grab a couple of pictures of them together outside. Um, yeah. Here's what he ended up with...
Aubrey was the real troublemaker. She just wanted to fly solo, so all of the pictures with her ended up like this:
Shayne and Gracie stood next to each other at least, but Gracie decided to show off her Spies Like Us face (You remember, after they come out of the G-force simulator? Please, someone get that reference!), and Shayne decided it would be a good time to get a shot of his missing tooth:
After I saw the results, I decided I would give it a shot. This was my best effort:
Not the worst photo of them ever, but certainly not the best, either. This other one, however, is much more classic:
Shayne and Gracie cannot open their eyes because of the sun! the sun! (which was completely behind them, by the way), and Aubrey is just chatting away on Brendon's phone, which she was given to bribe her into staying in one place. Ah, kids.
They enjoyed dinner though, as did we all. This picture nicely sums up Aubrey's feelings about the dinner:
And Shayne and Gracie especially thought they were big stuff because they were entrusted with goblets, china, and bud vases at their own kids' table. Big. Stuff.
Now, if you made it through all of that, it's time for a Christmas Countdown giveaway! I have two wooden gingerbread houses (that I posted about on Day 3) that need a good home. Just leave a comment on this post between now and Tuesday night, and I will draw names on Wednesday for the winners. Come on and post, you lurkers!
Good luck!
7 comments:
Leigh, I would LOVE one of those gingerbread houses!! I didn't think much of them at Craft weekend, but now that I'm in this teeny tiny apartment so far away from family, I think one would be great to have!! (I'm not trying to get you to be sympathetic to me LOL!) I'm sure going to miss baking weekend (sniff, sniff)
I LOVE Gracie's top!!! Where did you find it?!?! Always love pics of the kids!
The pictures are great! Your orange rolls look yummy. It looks like dinner was perfect. I'm in for the house drawing.
I don't need the house since I have six unfinished ones still sitting in my closet. On the other hand,if yours is finished I will put my name in. Just kidding.
But did want to say that I love all the pictures of the kids. Gracie's top is so cute.
Love a good stressfree low key thanksgiving! Glad you guys had a great day! I'm totally in for the drawing of the house!! CUTE!!!
Glad to hear that it was a nice, enjoyable time. Thanks for posting all the Christmas stuff. I'm so in the mood to craft something that's not vinyl that I'm on the look at local thrift stores for scrabble tiles. If I can't find them, I know ebay has them. I'd love to give some of the other crafts a try too, but my kids won't appreciate them. So if you're not going to be making them anytime soon, I might just make them and send them your way. I'll let you know what I want to make and see if you're working on them too.
i'm Here!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment