Let's wrap up the countdown by emptying my idea folder of some Christmas decorating ideas. December fun starts tomorrow!
Glittered Chipboard Trio from Tia Bennett at Two Peas. Click here for instructions, and click here for an example of Christmas chipboard shapes you could purchase for this project.
Grocery Bag Wreath, also from Tia Bennett at Two Peas. It's made from squares cut from white plastic grocery bags. She comments that it's super soft and fluffy when complete. Great project to include the kids! Click here for instructions.
Ribbon Wreath from The Long Thread. Now, I know this is a black wreath; it was made as a Halloween decoration, but it doesn't take a lot of imagination to see how it could translate into Christmas decor. I can see it done in a beautiful red ribbon. Click here for instructions.
Christmas Banners. The first is again from Tia Bennett at Two Peas. (She has a lot of cute stuff!) Click here for instructions, including a pdf with directions and photos.
The second comes from emmie cakes crafts. You can purchase kits to make her banners, with all supplies included except adhesive and a hole punch, for $16 (plus shipping). She has several different varieties of Christmas banners, though all are about 6 feet in length. She has kits for other holidays and occasions as well. Also, I believe if you get an order together of 10 or more, you can get a bulk discount. I think they're adorable! Check them out here.
Ribbon Tree from Amy Grendell at Two Peas. Click here for instructions.
Christmas Paper-Piecing Wall-Hangings. These are both from Two Peas, but I've lost my links to the original posts. I'll track them down and edit them in as soon as I do.
Paper Tree Centerpieces. Super simple craft from evie s. Picture a table full of these in different sizes and patterns as a centerpiece. Click here for instructions and a pdf pattern.
Christmas Houses from Bille at Two Peas. I love how she re-purposed a bunch of scrap wood into this adorable little Christmas village. Click here for more information and close-up pictures.
Naughty & Nice Pillowcases from Kristi Cutler at Everything is Pink. Now, to clarify, since I know some people (Mom!) I have shown this idea to thought these pillows were a bit naughty in nature...these are not meant to be for YOUR bed as some kind of signal to your spouse. They are for the kids, people! (Well, I'm sure you could use them for that purpose if you wanted, but please, I don't ever want to hear about it.)
Cube Ornament from NAKscrap at Two Peas. This is a different take on some other wooden cube ornaments I posted last year. I like them because the pictures are a bit bigger than on the others. Click here for more information and pictures.
Finally, check out this Half-eaten Gingerbread Man Ornament from elsie marley. How cute is this little guy? He would make me laugh every time I saw him on the tree. Click here for instructions and downloadable pattern.
Oh, one last link that I just love...Cassi Griffin at Bella Dia created an awesome way to countdown to Christmas with your children last year on her blog. Each post contains a children's book to read for the day, along with an accompanying craft, like reading Buying Mittens and then creating mitten ornaments for your tree. Love, love, love this! Click here for her series of posts. (This link will take you to the last day, and you'll have to click on the "Newer>>" links at the bottom of each page to get back to Day 1.)
Hope you've enjoyed the Chistmas posts! I'll be back on Monday afternoon with a Thanksgiving re-cap and...giveaway!
1 comment:
I really appreciate that you find this stuff, save it and then share it. I see stuff and think, "oh cute" and then move on. Thanks for collecting it all year!
Post a Comment