The highlights...
On Christmas Eve, Clark and Marchelle had everyone--all of my siblings were home this year--over for dinner and an extra special surprise for the kids: Santa! Now, I wasn't sure how this was all going to go down since we have never bothered taking our kids to see the mall (or anywhere else) Santa Claus. Knowing Shayne's freak-out propensity when it comes to large crowds or strangers, it's just never seemed worth it. So I went into the evening with pretty low expectations.
And they loved it. Mostly.
You can see from the first picture (click to enlarge) that Aubrey was none too enthused about the idea of sitting on Santa's lap. You can also see that when he came up with a baby doll from his sack of toys, she started to get just a tiny bit interested. But take it and run was her Santa philosophy. (And note in the group pic that she is still keeping a safe distance, while holding tight to the dolly.) Gracie did just great. Shayne, in the picture on the left, has got just a tiny bit of "I'm trying really hard not to cry/freak-out here" in his eyes. But, a remote control car? Yes sir, Santa!
On the way home, Gracie asked if our visitor was the real Santa, and Shayne replied, "I think so...he said when he left that he had places to go tonight!"
The next morning, Brendon and I were clearly more excited than the kids about waking up, as we were awake from 5:30 on, waiting and hoping that they would be up soon. At 7:15, they finally started stirring around. We had a nice morning with just our family, opening gifts, eating cinnamon rolls that were quite the disaster, and playing. It's always interesting to see what gifts end up being the big hit, and this year was no different. Shayne first wanted to watch his new Star Wars movie rather than play with the Star Wars ship I thought he'd flip over, and Gracie first latched on to a random Littlest Pet Shop stuffed bunny she got in her stocking.
Aubrey was a different a story, though. She did, in fact, understand the present-opening gig, and she demanded to immediately play with everything as it was unwrapped.
1) Warming up, digging in her stocking. 2) Mom, look! I got candy and you can't do anything about it because Santa Claus gave it to me! 3) Purple piggy bank from big sister. <snort snort snort> 4) Baked ham, anyone? 5) Coloring immediately on my DoodlePro from Bryant. 6) Coloring immediately in my new coloring book. 7) Immediately reading my book from Grandma. 8) No, Mom, I will not look at you for a picture. I am too busy stirring in the pots and pans I just opened. 9) Gracie, I know what I'm doing. You don't have to tell me how to play kitchen!
Here are a few more random pictures from the day:
A couple of things I love about these pictures...If you click on the enlarged version, you can see the detail on the yummy cookies the kids decorated for Santa. All I'm saying is that Santa must have been on some kind of sugar high after eating those things. I also love Brendon's face in the picture where Gracie is showing him her new Hannah Montana Barbie...that sings this awesome song, loudly. And I love the bottom picture at my parent's house after Christmas dinner because it is such a snapshot of when we all get together: lots of kids, lots of people everywhere. Christmas at its best!
Hope yours was the same!
4 comments:
Darling pictures! Children are what makes Christmas so much fun!! Fun times!
Love the pictures! The ones of Aubrey are so cute! I'm glad you guys had a great day!
Sweet pictures of the kids. Nothing is more exciting then Christmas, Santa, and kids all together!
Yeah, we have a lot of Hannah Montana here, too. A little goes a longgggg way! Congrats on baby boy Moore! More Moores!
Post a Comment