Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Merry

This week is already flying; I fear it's all going to be over before I'm quite ready to move on. So I just wanted to hop on quickly and wish everyone a Merry, Merry Christmas. I hope that you are feeling the Spirit of Christmas in your homes and your hearts, and I hope that my cards get to you before the New Year (mailed yesterday).


The song posted below has, quite randomly, become my favorite of the season this year. I usually stick with the classics, but then heard this for the first time on the radio several weeks back; I wasn't even sure it was a Christmas song after the first few lines, to be honest. But it stuck, grew on me, and I have to say, I love it despite the potential cheese factor. I love the way it makes me think about the incredible love story and faith of Mary and Joseph. And I love the truth, both spiritual and temporal, of the words, "A baby changes everything."


Enjoy and Merry Christmas!




3 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks for sharing the song. I know I've heard it before but never paid much attention to the words. I don't know if it's just the day for crying or what...or pregnancy hormones...but the tears flowed. Really makes you think about that "incredible love story".

Becky said...

I really like that! Good choice.

Elaine said...

I fell in love with this CD this Christmas too. Everytime (even several times in one day) I have listened to it the boys comment or ask "Mom, does a baby really change everything?" Then we discuss it. Funny, how it has become a song they sing around the house now.