So I'm not so good with "as time allows." I know this about myself, so I don't know why I said it in the first place. I'm a deadline girl. So, how about some deadlines instead?
I will be posting a Christmas Countdown post every day this week, starting tonight and going through Saturday!
There we go, much better. In the mean time, I thought I ought to put up a quick family update. To be honest, we've not had many blog-worthy events this November. We've had more sickness with the kids this month than we've had all year really, which is both a good and a bad thing. Otherwise, Brendon and I are in the same ol' same ol' routine with work and school, and the kids are just creating daily mayhem as per their usual.
One fun little event I failed to blog about this month though is our first experience with a pinewood derby. Our church held one as a ward activity; everyone could enter, not just the boy scouts. Brendon helped Shayne and Gracie create their own cars: they picked the design, he cut them, they painted and embellished, and he added the weights. I watched it all from the sidelines and thought he was going a bit overboard...oh, little did I know! I don't think I've been to a pinewood derby since I was about 10 years old, so I was quite naive to all of the really overboard-ness that can go on. Wow-ee! Let's just say that some grown men are a tiny bit obsessive!
Anyway, the kids had a ball and were so proud of their cars. They both won at least one of their heats, so winners all around!
Without further adieu, let me present "Ariel 12" (note the matching pajamas) and "Lightning: The Fastest Winner Ever."
Sweet rides, eh?
I'll be back tonight to start ringing in the holidays!
3 comments:
welcome back!
Glad you're back. I was starting to get worried. If you ever miss a whole month I'm coming to your house!! How 'bout that for a deadline. Hope to see you at dance tomorrow so we can talk Twilight. Did you go to the movie?
You have no idea how crazy it is! You should see some of the websites out there for cheating, I mean winning the Pinewood Derby. You can actually find wheels that have been thinned out from the inside to reduce weight. Quite crazy!
Post a Comment