I'm here! I'm here! Here we go!
Let's start with gifts first; that way you just may have a fighting chance at getting one or two done if you start right away. ;)
For the readers in your life...
Fabric Bookmarks by Anna Maria Horner. Okay, this one you could actually get a ton done in just one afternoon or evening. So cute. I've already cut the fabric to make some for myself! Click here for instructions. (Her website has several other fun tutorials to check out as well under "Make This With Me")
Hardwood Bookmarks by Chrisjob on curbly. I found this one through one of the Sew, Mama, Sew Handmade Holidays posts. (You should definitely check that link out!) I love the sturdiness of this bookmark, and the fact that the design was made with only a sharpie. Nice! Click here for step-by-step instructions.
For your girlfriends, mom, or sister...
Ribbon Key Fob from jcaroline creative. Super simple and cute gift. I've also seen them with solid ribbon and embroidered monograms. Click here for instructions.
Mini Canvas Magnets from Jessica Jones at How About Orange. She notes that these 2x2 cuties are super lightweight, so would be great for mailing. You could make them to match the recipient's kitchen or office, or you could even do a holiday theme. I'll bet you'll want to make a second batch to keep for yourself, too. Click here for instructions.
Scrabble Tile Pendant Necklace (from Mark and Stephanie at HomeStudio) posted at MakeandTakes. These would be a huge hit with the teen crowd as well. I've seen scrabble tiles sold at Michaels, or you could try to pick up an old set for next to nothing at Goodwill or the like. Click here for instructions, and be sure to check out the comments section on that page for tons of great trouble-shooting tricks for this project.
For Grandma and Grandpa...
I love these two handprint ideas:
Handprint Wall Art from Suzanne at Easy at Home. This is great if you have several children of your own, or you could gather up handprints from all of the grandchildren. I love that even though it's "homemade," it looks very nice in the gallery frame. Click here for more information and a close-up photo of the project.
A more homespun approach to the same idea from Megan at plumpudding. So sweet. Even just a single handprint would be adorable for this project. Click here for more details.
And finally, for the kids...
Pocket Aprons by the KennedyGrace etsy boutique. Okay, I seriously love, love, love this idea. If your kids are anything like mine, they like to "collect" things as they go about their days, so how perfect is this? A few months ago when blogland was hosting the NieNie Benefit Auction day, I won one of these little aprons, and it is to die for. So adorable. She also has them with even smaller pockets for individual crayons, and boy styles, too. Check out all of the options here. Of course, ordering one is easy, but I know some of you out there who could whip oneof these out on your own. Give it a try!
Kid's Drawing Softies by Little Birdie Secrets. Take your child's favorite drawing and bring it to life in a stuffed toy. What a treasure! Click here for an awesome step-by-step picture tutorial.
Fabric Cubby House by Melissa Goodsell at Crafty Mumma. Another genius idea out there in blogland. No need to buy your kids that RosePetal Cottage, make them their own to fit your dining room table! This would definitely take an investment of time, but think of the hours of playtime you'd receive in return. Maybe for next year? There is no tutorial for this one, but you can check out her post about it here, and you should also check out her Handmade Christmas and 25 Days of Christmas Crafts posts. Tons of great ideas both from Melissa and gathered from around the web.
Easy Tulle Skirt by Tanya Smith. I've seen my sister Shelly make one of these before--very simple--and I found this detailed tutorial for it online. Hello, 15 seconds of sewing? That's my kind of project. I also love the little ribbons and flowers she adds to her versions.
Wooden Bow Hanger by Kristen Olsen. Ummm...can someone make one of these for Gracie? Her bows are a mess just in a drawer. I'd love to see this with a personalized vinyl name added, too. Cute! (How many times can I use that one word in a post?) Click here for more details.
Grandma's Story Tape Holder by Shannon Stolee. I scanned this project in from Holiday Home magazine, a special issue put out by CK Media (I found it at Jo-Anns). It's a book from Grandma (or whomever) with a personal recording included. Of course, they used a cassette, and I know very few people who actually have players for those anymore. A cd seems much more practical. It's all held together in a felt/fabric "notebook." And the idea could be used for any favorite book, not just Christmas. Hello, Grandma? We love this idea! ;)
Back tomorrow with more...Woohoo!
3 comments:
Such fun and CUTE ideas. I don't know where to start. That apron is such a fabulous idea!!
WOW!! These are fantastic. You never fail to exceed my expectations. Thanks!
thanks for featuring my tutus! love your blog!
Post a Comment