Thursday, September 4, 2008

I know, I know

Birthday pictures to come tomorrow for Friday Photos, but I thought I'd try to get something up before then. So here's another round of "The Things Kids Say."


Shayne: He's started addressing me as a short-order cook. When he's asking for seconds, it's "Mom, can I get more of everything I ordered?" When he doesn't get exactly what he expects on his plate, it's "But that's not what I ordered!" Aye yi yi. Start dropping the tips, buddy, and your luck might change. I know you've got some birthday money in that piggy bank.


Gracie: The other day, after a late night with the cousins the day before and already a long morning, we had one more stop to make before heading home for lunch. As we got out of the car to head into our stop, Gracie said, "Mommy, I only have 10 more steps of gas, and then I'm going to run out and have to take a rest." She further explained that after a good night's sleep, she typically has "eighty-hundred" steps of gas.


Aubrey: Her new words are "UP!" and "baby." "Up" is usually said over and over, and over and over again until you have her in your arms. "Baby" she says repeatedly while carrying around a framed picture of me holding a newborn Shayne. You can tell she's just right on the tip of that explosion of her language abilities. I love watching that!



2 comments:

Shelly said...

Good stuff. Love the steps of gas.

Shannon said...

Are we gonna get two posts of "Friday Photos" this week? Since we didn't get one last week. Just kidding. I'm sure you're plenty busy. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.