Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Photos: Part 1

Three separate Friday Photos posts are on their way! (Yes, this is me, acknowledging my slackerness.)


We have to go back a few weeks for the first couple sets of pictures. The last weekend in August, cousins Ethan and Lauren came to stay with us while Shelly and Allen were getting to know their new stomping grounds in New York state. (I'm still in shock and denial that they're moving!)


The weekend involved lots of play-do messes that kept them busy...


  Weekend 6  Weekend 4


some lightsaber duels...


                 Weekend 7


and sacked out kids at the end of each day.


                 Weekend 5


After the cousins left, Gracie fell asleep before dinner and slept right on through until the next day!


Also, it just so happened that that same weekend, two other cousins were having a very big weekend: both Jarrett and Rachel got baptized! While we couldn't make it all the way up to Ohio to be a part of Jarrett's special day, I did decide at the last minute to drive up with Mom to Rachel's baptism in Oklahoma, all the kids in tow.


  Weekend 1


It was a brief, but fun visit...that scarred the poor children on ever getting baptized themselves.


Totally just kidding, Shannon! ;)


The story: Rachel does not like to put her head under water, so the whole "baptism by immersion" thing was pretty scary for her. What the kids actually took away from it, and have been talking about ever since, was how brave she was in overcoming her fear in order to do something so important as being baptized. Way to go, Rach!


              Weekend 2


Congrats again to Rachel and Jarrett! (Rachel and BFF cousin Ethan are pictured here.)



2 comments:

Shannon said...

Ok..totally felt sooo bad when I read the first part about scarring your kids for life, but then I read you're kidding. Whew! Because I was totally (and literally) worried that the kids left terrified of being baptized. And I LOVE that picture of Rach and Ethan. Can you send me a copy and a copy of the all the kids together. Hope the weather holds out so we can see each other in two weeks!

Kerry said...

I so feel for this little girl Rachel. I was so very scared to be baptized because I'm so afraid of being under water. Good for her that she went through with such a good choice.