Since I still haven't started a blog just for our homeschool stuff, I thought I'd post some pictures of a few things we've been doing this month.
We've spent most of the month in units on China and the Olympics. We charted the medal count, we made chinese lanterns, we learned about the Pekin duck and the Giant Panda. We spent a lot of time looking at and coloring maps and flags, and we learned how to sing "The Star Spangled Banner." We learned how to count and write one to ten in Chinese and write our names in Chinese as well. And, of course, lots of letter practice: F, P, R, and B. (The orange chart is of our family.)
Our favorite books from the month have been The Story about Ping (the kids loved this one), A Chair for My Mother (totally choked me up), and America's Champion Swimmer (delightful illustrations and the kids really got into it).
It's been a fun month, and a learning process about what works best for us. One of the most memorable moments for me came when I was standing in the kitchen, listening to the kids in the other room spontaneously singing the national anthem while picking up their toys. Good stuff.
Hope you have a great weekend!
2 comments:
Awesome month of lessons! We are now starting our playschool blog, and will have some very exciting and fun ideas on there for kiddos!
Wow! Teaching, home school, YW President, & 3 kiddos. I need a nap.
Post a Comment