Shayne and Gracie loooove birthdays, as I'm sure you well know from reading the blog. Part of that is that they love planning their future birthdays. They both have their party themes sketched out through their 18th birthdays. (After that, I'm cutting them off!) Of course, these lists change daily based on their current interests, but I thought it would be fun to record them. Can you guess whose is whose?
5: Rubber Chicken
6: Aurora
7: Belle
8: Jasmine
9: Tinkerbelle
10: Flowers
11: Carebear
12: Bunny
13: Hearts
14: Kitty
15: Han Solo
16: My Little Pony
17: Kissing
18: Bird Watching
6: Lego
7: Bird
8: Mario
9: Luigi
10: Sonic the Hedgehog
11: Moon and Stars
12: Pirates
13: Sonic Riders
14: Indiana Jones
15: Star Wars
16: Puppy
17: Airplane
18: Hot Wheels
Yes, that's right. "Rubber Chicken." It's Gracie's newest thing; she apparently saw one in a store recently and must have it. She wants to wear a chicken costume for the party, do the chicken dance, and get lots and lots of rubber chickens to swing around the house. She's got it all planned out. Ohhhh-kay, then!
Also, for the record: There is no way I'll be hosting a "Kissing" party for a seventeen-year-old girl. "But, kisses are a nice thing, Mommy." Yes, I know, Gracie, but...not on my watch. And Shayne has never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies, just some themed Lego sets at the store, but apparently they were enough to convince him of their coolness.
So...do you think it would be a little premature if I went ahead and ordered the stuff for their My Little Pony and Hot Wheels 16th and 18th birthdays?

6 comments:
the bird party keeps getting pushed back...disappointing. I've been waiting for like 3 years.
Hey, at least she is waiting for the kissing party until after she can date at 16...Look on the bright side, she could have wanted it when she was like 11 or 12 but she still wants Carebears and bunnies then!
I would order the My Little Pony and Hot Wheels stuff and just keep it. Then when they turn 16 and 18 pull it out and say, "Well, this is what you wanted." That would be funny.
I don't know if I will be able to make the chicken party. I was scared to death in grade school by the Photographer that came each year. He had a chicken and he would hit the kids with it trying to make them laugh. It was a little strange.
I can't wait for Shayne's 16th Puppy Party!
Great idea... I'll have to ask the boys for their list.
Now this post had me laughing out loud! Too funny how our kids both do this! Definetly a list to keep for a long long time!
Post a Comment