Saturday, April 5, 2008

An invitation to General Conference

This weekend is the semi-annual General Conference for our church. I love General Conference time! The leaders of the Church will be speaking about a variety of topics, and it is always uplifting and inspiring for me. (You may remember my post about when Brendon and I were able to attend in person a few years ago.) It is broadcast out of Salt Lake City, Utah, in over 78 languages all over the world. And this will be a historic conference, as it will be the first conference with the new Prophet and President of the Church, Thomas S. Monson, presiding.



There will be four sessions, two today, two tomorrow, held at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. (Central time)...so it's starting, like, now! You can watch or listen to a live stream online here if you're interested. (Or if you have satellite tv, you might get the BYU-TV channel, which will be carrying it live all weekend as well.)



I'm off to watch...hope you're having a lovely weekend!



1 comment:

kerry said...

It sure was amazing standing in our living room sustaining the new prophet! I sure hope Natty will remember it as this will be the prophet she grows up with! Such a good feeling.