Or maybe just a couple of cute little mice.
We are entering the stage where my kids are starting to tell on me. And it's just not right!
On Monday, we were getting ready to leave for lunch with Jenny, and my keys were not in their normal spot. I searched the other normal spots, called Brendon to see if he knew where they were, and eventually found them in my church bag. While I was doing this searching, Gracie was in the car telling Jenny, "Mommy always forgets things like that."
A few weeks ago, Brendon was helping the kids clean up and found that instead of actually putting things away, they had stacked stuff in a pile in the living room corner. When he told them to pick it up, Shayne said something like, "Okay. Daddy, you bring that chair over so we can put it all on there."
After all I've done for them, they go and turn on me like this? Telling on my faults of forgetfulness and piling! What's next? Telling the world about the creeping mounds of laundry? That I hide (and melt) bowls in the oven? Is nothing sacred to the little rascals?
I have to say though, in my defense, I came by the piling habit honestly. Right, Mom?
(Thanks for all of the kind comments about Aubrey's glasses and the cake on the last post!)
1 comment:
I seem to remember a running list in the dorm of all the things you lost & associated expenses. Did we take a picture of that- sure wish we had.
I live among piles. Piles of toys, shoes, dishes, laundry, trash... I only wish they were piles of money.
Post a Comment