Sunday, December 9, 2012

Report

We did it! Mostly...

There were a couple of casualties to time and interest, but also one addition, so 22 items total, with one to four batches of each, divided by the six of us. Enough for everyone to take home a pretty impressive haul to share with friends, neighbors, and co-workers. (Though I think everyone has at least one favorite that never quite makes it onto the sharing plates!)

Marchelle's Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies


I think my favorite this year was the peanut brittle Shelly made, which is both tasty and impressive since it is made entirely in the microwave!

Microwave Peanut Brittle

1 c. sugar mixed with 1/2 c. Karo syrup: Microwave for 4 minutes
Add 1 c. raw, unsalted peanuts, mix well: Microwave for 3 minutes
Add 1 tsp. butter and 1 tsp. vanilla, mix well: Microwave for 1 minute
Add 1 tsp. baking soda, mix well, and pour onto a cookie sheet lined with buttered foil
When cool, break apart and enjoy!

Notes: It will be hot! Be careful! Be sure to use a microwaveable bowl that can withstand high heat. (We used one of the Pampered Chef glass batter bowls.) Each microwave cooks at different heat levels, so you will have to watch it carefully, especially on that last minute.

This one was another fun addition and over-the-top Pinterest combination:

Peanut butter ball between two pretzels and dipped in chocolate.

And with that, I am tired. Baking wears a girl out!

P.S. The "Christmas Delight" recipe can be found at the bottom of this post. I couldn't stop eating it today!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

So glad you liked the peanut brittle. I would just add to the recipe insturctions that you should stir after every addition and make sure you use a microwavable bowl that can take high heat. I have used a large pyrex measuring bowl and I used your Pampered Chef glass measuring bowl.

Jenny N said...

people are loving the brittle

Olivia Cobian said...

I love the Baking Weekend idea!

Karisa said...

Do you have a recipe for the yogurt covered pretzels?