Saturday, December 8, 2012

Missing Pieces

We're on our second full day of Baking Weekend and about half way through our list. Today is cookie day. I'm most looking forward to Marchelle's (Paula Deen's) super soft Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies. Jenny is also making some new peppermint meltaways that we're excited to try.

Even with all of the fun and yummies, though, we are still missing our Oklahoma crew, Aunt Helen and Shannon. Helen's cancer diagnosis just over a month ago was a game-changer, for more than just Baking Weekend. (Aunt Helen is usually our gracious hostess.) She had surgery earlier this week, and is resting at home this weekend with Shannon at her side. We were so happy to learn the good news yesterday that she received an all-clear and won't require chemo or further treatment other than regular monitoring. Answered prayers!

Helen and Shannon, Baking Weekend 2008


We love and miss y'all! Eating some extra goldfish and fudge today in your honor. ;)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Make me cry! :-) Miss you all too! Hope you didn't forget the toffee! I know I've said it a ba-jillion times but thank you again for all your prayers! So many prayers were answered! Love you!!!

Jenny N said...

we missed you guys, but are so happy with the good news!

Anonymous said...

Ah..I got teary!! I missed you all too! Thought about you all and wondered when you finally got to cooking! The peanut brittle looks wonderful!!! Looking forward to next year! Love you all!