Because of all the new babies in my extended family in the last month, it fell to us to host the Easter festivities that are usually at Nana and Papa's house. The egg hunt, the confetti egg fight, Easter dinner. I even made my first Easter ham. So proud!
Our yard doesn't have nearly as many good hiding spots for the hunt as my parents' does, but we still managed to have some fun with it.
I love these next pictures of Alex. The second one perfectly expresses the mayhem and fun of the egg fight. Look at that wild hair!
I do have to say, it was very strange to sit down to a holiday dinner with just our little family. Our first time ever, I think. No pictures of our yummy meal, but I wanted to share the link to these bacon-wrapped green bean bundles from Our Best Bites we tried for the first time. So good, y'all.
Many of you probably saw the picture I posted on facebook of the kids in their Easter finery. Just so we're clear, as evidenced by the pictures above, candid pictures in bright sunlight are no problem whatsoever for our kids. Ask them to stand, look, and smile, however, and you get the following...
More evidence of their vampire-like aversion to sunlight and the camera. We were in a hurry to get out the door on time, or maybe I could have asked them to run around and play and been able to get fantastic pictures. At least you get a general idea of how adorable they looked. :)
In other news, I went up to Arlington this weekend for Time Out for Women with my Aunt Helen and a couple of friends from Waco. I think it may have been one of the best I've attended in terms of the program and the things I took away from it. Lots of good things to share, which I'll try to do soon.
3 comments:
I love Gracie's programs. So cute! The egg hunt pictures are priceless...what fun! And the others just ceack me up with all the silly faces.
Love this party planning gene that Grace has been developing! Talk and play. She knows how to cater her event to both kids and adults.
Great pictures all around! Way to use that SLR!
That picture of Alex is priceless. Wish I could have been there for the fun.
Post a Comment