Monday, March 19, 2012

How Sweet It Is

The smell of sawdust and graphite are in the air...it's Pinewood Derby time again!

Shayne was determined, determined to get his car into the finals this year after just missing out in the last. So he (mostly he, I promise) and Brendon watched youtube videos for tips, worked hard, and hoped for the best with his space-themed creation.

I'll let this series of pictures show you the result:

Pderby2
Pderby3
Pderby4
Pderby5
Pderby6
Pderby7

That, my friends, is about as emotionally reactive as you'll ever see the kid. It was so. fun. to watch him.

He won all three of his initial heats and did indeed make it to the finals. There he fell to fourth place out of 35+ cars, just shy of a trophy. But I don't think he could be more proud.

Pderby8
Even though his more stoic expression had returned by the time I took this picture ;)

5 comments:

Shelly said...

That is the best series of pictures ever. It made me tear up a little. SO GREAT! Tell him congratulations.

Jenny said...

Love it! Congrats on the hard work Shayner!!

Clark said...

Awesome! Way to go, Shayne!

Olivia Cobian said...

Maybe Shayne can give us some pointers. Ruben turns 8 this year--our first of 4 boys! We'll have to learn about this pinewood derby stuff.

Becky said...

Congrats!