Here's another idea to file away for a future holiday...
For our church youth New Year's Eve party, I was in charge of coming up with an "activity" for the kids to do at midnight. I got your standard hats, tiaras, and noisemakers, but really wanted to avoid the mess of streamers and confetti. Then I remembered this idea I'd seen on Martha Stewart to tape bubble wrap to the floor for everyone to jump on at midnight. And thanks to my friend, Amazon, I was able to find a huge roll of 250 feet of bubble wrap for $30 and free shipping.
It was enough for 65 teenagers to bounce around on and, by all accounts, was a huge hit. (I didn't actually attend the party.) Thank you Martha!
What really cracked me up, though, was opening the door to the bubble wrap package carried by the UPS guy. I just started laughing. He looked at me like I was crazy, so I explained to him what was in the box. He laughed and shook his head all the way back to his truck. Check out this GINORMOUS, tall-as-me box...
Yep, gotta be sure to protect the bubble wrap with layers and layers of tape and cardboard! Thanks, Amazon!
(If you try this, be sure to get the kind with large bubbles; the smaller ones won't give you the firecracker popping effect that makes it so fun!)
4 comments:
Cool! I'll have to remember that for next year's New Year's party. My kids would love that!!
That's pretty funny! I will also have to bookmark this for the future...thanks!
haha! Love the thoroughness of Amazon and what a fun idea....for any age.
I am very much up for craft night in February. Are Tuesdays or Thursdays good for you?
ps- I started reading the Poisonwood Bible last night. :)
Post a Comment