Monday, December 6, 2010

Easy Peasy

Last week at our Young Women in Excellence program, we used a cooking/recipe theme for the night ("A Recipe for Excellence"). It turned out really cute, mostly thanks to the ideas I found on Sugardoodle. But the favors we gave the girls were my favorite. I saw an idea on another blog to make half aprons from placemats. We were on a limited budget, so one night I went to Dollar Tree to check out their selection. Umm, I really had to dig past a ton of plastic, oddly-shaped, grandma-floral placemats, but...score! I came out with 15 totally cute options, which I then took over to Hobby Lobby and matched up to coordinating ribbons (which were 50% off). I stitched the ribbons (about two yards per apron) to the tops of the placemats, and voila!


ApronYW


Cute aprons for less than $2.50 a piece!! Don't you love how they turned out? If you are looking for a fun little Christmas gift for friends or teachers, this is a total win, especially if you package them up with a few of your favorite recipes.



5 comments:

Marchelle said...

Very cute. I could use a few of those for myself.

Jenny said...

those turned out super cute!

Shelly said...

Very clever. Cute!

Kerry said...

super cute!! I might make these for teachers with a layered jar of cookie mix or something!

Shannon said...

So so so cute!!