Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A big day

Remember my friends I told you about, with the daughter with AML? Well, today is a very big day for them. Adah will be receiving a bone marrow transplant from her little sister. This is SO big. Will you pray like crazy for them today? That the girls will endure the process well, that Adah will be protected from any potential infections or side effects, and, of course, that the transplant works! As I've been reading along at their blog, I've been so overcome with how primitive our methods and medicines can be, fighting this beast, cancer. Overcome at seeing everything that Adah's poor body has had to endure to prepare for this big day. Oh, bless her! Bless this sweet family! At the same time though, I also happen to have been reading a book that has reaffirmed to me the reality of true miracles on earth in these days...and so I pray for another. I hope you can join me.


P.S. If you want to help in another way, Adah's aunt is selling one of her darling handbags and donating 100% of the proceeds to help with Adah's medical costs and the family's expenses. I have one of Anne Marie's purses and get compliments on it everytime I use it; plus it has held up great for eight years! You can check out the "Adah Clutch" on Anne Marie's website here: *annemarie*



3 comments:

Shelly said...

Praying for miracles...and what is the book you are reading?

Jenny said...

wow---sending prayers their way. And I forgot about AnneMarie bags. I love mine too!

Becky said...

Yes. Yes I will.