Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Photos and Kiddo Updates

Jenny snapped some more great pictures of the kids a few weekends ago. Every time I look at them, the Eric Clapton song, "Blue Eyes Blue" pops into my head. I wonder why...


Moore 


Shayne...loves drawing maps, plans, and escape routes, reading about birds, and eating strawberries. He can get lost in a SuperMario game if you don't drag him back to earth, just learned the magic of double-digit addition, and was the most consistent hitter on his team when they moved from coach pitch to kid pitch for the first time last week.


Moore (21)_1 


Gracie...loves singing Primary songs, inviting the family to different parties and competitions she dreams up (I recently won the "Make up your own lipgloss name and draw a picture of what it looks like" competition) and eating black olives. She is getting better and better at reading, she volunteered to give a talk in Primary a few weeks ago, and she still takes a little nap because Gracie + not enough sleep = complete disaster.


Moore (36) 


Aubrey loves...well, life. She does everything with gusto and enthusiasm, including throwing tantrums. She "does" school right alongside the big kids, so I better always have an extra copy of whatever they are doing, just for her. (Yesterday while they were working at the kitchen table, she hollered, "I need some help over here!") She still loves her babies and carts them around, she loves bossing Alex, and most nights she slips into our bed at about 2:00 a.m. without our realizing it.


Moore (49) 


Alex...loves getting into things he's not supposed to (he emptied a large, brand new package of q-tips all over my bathroom floor last week), throwing things on the floor from his high-chair, and eating real food. He squeals with happiness when his dad comes home from work, but at the same time, still only has eyes for his mother. He is drinking from a cup and thinks he is such BIG STUFF now that he can manuever his push toy and the girls' doll stroller around the house, turning on a dime. And here's the big one: We're gearing up for his first birthday party in just a few weeks...


Excuse me while I go cry into my pillow.


Have a happy weekend everyone! I've already got posts scheduled for every day next week, so be sure to check back. It will be fun!



4 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh, they are all so cute and are all getting so big!
Posts everyday!?! And I thought this week was good. I can't wait!

Kerry said...

They are really all growing too fast but the are beautiful!!

Rom Tom said...

What beautiful kids you and Brendan have!!! Hope you're having a wonderful mother's day!!

Mom Moore said...

Nothing makes a Grandmas Mother's Day more complete than seeing pictures of her sweet, beautiful grandchildren. Thanks for sharing, and have a wonderful Mother's Day, Leigh. Love ya!