Jenny recently reminded me that I let my five-year blogiversary pass this spring without mention. Well now, we can't have that can we? So this week I'm going to be posting some of my older entries...a little trip down the blog's memory lane. Up first, my very first blog post, from March 9, 2005:
So, we all know how bad I am at keeping in touch on a regular basis. Yup. BAD. In an effort to remedy that, we are joining the blog sensation. I am hoping that it will be a fun way our friends and family can peek in from time to time and see what's happening day-to-day with us. Let us know what you think!
So, I thought I'd start out with a little (really, not so little) story about my day yesterday. It started off quite nicely when, first thing in the morning, I pulled the milk out of the fridge, and knocked the jug o' salsa (You know, the big Pace Picante one you get at Sam's Club?) down onto the floor. The darn thing, the darn PLASTIC thing, broke and splattered everywhere in the kitchen. Ah, the smell of salsa in the morning. Lovely.
Next up, we were headed to the park to meet for a playgroup. We were a little ahead of schedule, so I stopped at Walgreens to pick up some drinks and let Shayne pick out a "park snack." The trip was perfectly uneventful until we got back out to the car. I opened the front door, threw the keys and my bag in the seat (Can you see where this is going?), and went to the back seat to get Grace buckled in. In the meantime, Shayne has climbed into the front seat to pretend to drive. I get Grace buckled up, pop out, shut the door, pull Shayne out of the front seat, shut that door behind us, and, there you go, Grace is now locked inside the car with the keys, thanks to Shayne flipping the locks while "driving." Nice. We run inside and call the police, who tell us to call Pop-a-Lock. Fine, Pop-a-Lock is on their way, and they tell us to call 911 if she looks distressed at all. We run back out to check on Grace and wait. As I run out the door, I see that the police have already come anyway, AND I see an elderly man less than an inch away from smashing into my driver's side door as he tries to pull into the spot next to me. Thankfully, he saw me freak out and stopped immediately. Okay, so back to Gracie (who was, btw, sitting happily in her car seat, wondering what the heck we were all doing standing next to the door peeking in on her). We chatted with the police for a few minutes (I don't think they believed me that it was Shayne's doing, and they added further insult to injury by checking all of the doors to make sure they were really locked), and all of the sudden we started hearing sirens. Yep, they were for us; apparently the fire rescue team decided to come on out anyway. Shayne thought he had hit the big time! Police car, firemen and a firetruck, all for him, woohoo! We were quite the sight there on the corner of Bosque and New Rd.; we slowed down lots of traffic! :-) In the end, Pop-a-Lock showed up and had us taken care of within a few minutes. (FYI: Pop-a-Lock doesn't charge anything if there is a child in the car. Who knew? I do, now.)
And finally, to end my day perfectly, I left the house at 9:00 p.m. last night to run over and help my dad for a minute. I was seriously not more than two blocks from our house, sitting at a red light, and BOOM! I was hit from behind. After the jolt, I looked in the rearview mirror to see...a police car! HAHAHahahaha!! A police man rear-ended me because he was not paying attention, too busy eating his pizza from the box he had propped up on his dash. So classic. I *almost* felt badly for him, that is, until I heard him telling the Sergeant who had to come out and write up the report some story about waving to kids in the car next to him. Whatever dude. Anyway, I'm fine; damage to the car was negligible, so just mostly funny stuff.
What a day! Wow, so that was a novel for my first post. I promise they won't always be this long!
3 comments:
Happy Blogiversary! I remembered these stories individually but had forgotten that they all happened on the same day! Yikes!
oh, looking forward to reminiscing all week.
I had forgotten those stories! Glad everything turned out ok.
Post a Comment