Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Six is the Magic Number

Sorry for the long absence from the blogosphere. I'm right in the middle of a busy spot, but hoping it will slow down a bit after this week is over. (Edited to remove a rambling tangent that deserves its own post!) Just enough time today to hit some high points, like our Gracie Pacie's sixth birthday last week.


Grace six
Birthday breakfast with her favorite "treat" cereal, opening presents, with Nana and Papa before their birthday lunch date, and hanging out with Shayne and Dad before bed.


Of course, after Shayne had his party with Chuck E. last fall, I knew we weren't going to get away with anything less for Little Miss this time around, and I was right. So the family gathered at the mouse house again last Thursday for fun and games...


Grace six 2-1 


And, of course, you know how my kids like a theme, so this was her bunny/Chuck E. Cheese party. The bunny love has been around for a while now (she insists that is the only kind of pet she would like and obsessively collects stuffed bunnies) but the party theme was solidified a few month ago once she saw THE cake she MUST have for her next birthday. A carrot cake from Sam's Club...you know, the one with the frosting carrots on top? Despite having never had carrot cake before, she was insistent. And hey, it got me out of having to come up with making some kind of bunny cake, so I was happy to oblige. (And it really was mighty tasty!)


Gsix2 


Check out our Chuck E. Cheese hostess, lighting the candles with her own pocket lighter.


Gracie has been convinced for quite a while now that her sixth birthday would have the magical effects of immediately making her first tooth fall out and immediately making her "brave enough" that she wouldn't need to suck her thumb anymore at night. Wouldn't you know it, just last night, Gracie notified me that she had a loose tooth. An hour later it was out. Magic! We're still waiting for the magic of six to work on the thumb, though. (And isn't she going to love me one day when she realizes I posted about it on the internet.)


Gsix1 



8 comments:

Shelly said...

She looks so cute and I love the Superman Tee! I feel like your kids have grown up so much since I last saw them and I missing it!

Jenny said...

fun stuff! super cute pic of her, mom and dad.

Shannon said...

I love the picture of her with her arm around Chuck E.!! I'm convinced that having birthday parties at places like CEC is the way to go!

Kari said...

You really shouldn't title a post like that. I was thinking there were twins on the way or something. Let me know if you make any headway with the thumb sucking thing. My almost 7yo still sucks his.

Sarah said...

She is such a cute girl. My kids wold love to have a Chucky Cheese party, but Rochester doesn't have one. I love the picture with the pocket lighter. Very classy.

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Gracie! I wouldn't stop sucking my thumb either if it tasted like carrot cake. Very cool on the tooth- I totally believe in the power of suggestion.

Becky said...

A carrot under her pillow instead of a dollar? :-)

Leigh said...

Easy, Kari! Not going to happen! :)