Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sweet Spot

We are at what I would call a really "sweet spot" in parenting right now, particularly with regard to the two littlest. I just love their current ages and stages.


Sweet1


At almost four months, Alex is the perfect combination of the sleepy newborn and the responsive and fun baby. Many naps, many smiles. Much snuggling, much cooing and squealing. Totally love it.


Sweet2


At two-and-a-half, Aubrey is really coming into her own. Not a day goes by that Brendon and I don't make eye contact with each other over the top of her head with laughter in our eyes. "Yay-hoo me!" she says. I love her huge excitement over the smallest things: "Ride!!! Van!! My seat!" I also love watching her pride in her accomplishments, like the day she said Alex's name for the first time instead of just calling him Baby. It came out slowly, "Aaaal-lex." Her face lit up, then "MY DID IT!" She's always trying to keep up with the big kids, waiting for her turn to show, say, or do just as they have. Even when they are in trouble. She comes and stands right along side of them when they are being lectured, waiting for her turn. So I always add, "And you be a good girl, too." "'Kay," she answers back seriously. Oh so cute.


I know that all too soon we're going to be hitting bumpier times...the clingy phases, the struggle to communicate and be understood for Alex, potty training and the power struggles of burgeoning independence for Aubrey. So I'm enjoying this sweet spot while I can.



4 comments:

Kari said...

That Alex is just precious.Aubrey is cute too but Alex could be in pictures, and he looks like such a happy baby.

Shannon said...

Cute, Cute!!

Shelly said...

I love that she waits to be lectured too. Very cute. Enjoy the sweetness!!

Becky said...

If I had ovaries, they'd be humming!