A family picture Gracie drew the day Alex came home from the hospital.
It's a new day in the Moore household, with this whole business of four children. Quite different, and yet, at the same time...not. It's very strange how once a child enters your life, you can't really remember or imagine life without him.
I love this picture of Gracie arriving--so excited--at the hospital to meet her little brother.
It has been fun, and interesting, watching how each of the kids both met and has adjusted to the newest sibling.
There's Shayne, who was happy to meet him, but who also lost interest very quickly. I guess a little brother who can't play legos or Star Wars with him isn't much good to him yet.
Gracie, while demonstrating the most outward attentiveness and affection for Alex, also seems to be dealing with the most jealousy, acting out frequently for extra attention.
Then there's Aubrey, who has been the most surprising.
Not quite sure what to think of him at first, she has quickly warmed up and is my best little helper and constant companion. She is right by my side, notifying me of Alex's every little move and noise..."Baby cwying, baby cwying! Baby tooters! Baby 'neeze! Baby wake! Baby diaper? Baby eat?" She practically sits on my shoulder when Alex is eating, rubbing his head and talking to me and him. One of the sweetest moments in the first week home came when I found her leaning over a crying Alex, softly saying over and over, "'Kay, buddy. 'Kay buddy." ("It's okay, Buddy.") Heart. Melt.
Gracie had the funniest initial reactions to Alex. She was the most interested in checking him out from head to toe.
She proclaimed him squishy and squeaky, with puffy cheeks.
On her second visit to the hospital, she told me that she just hadn't been able to stop thinking about his "crazy" belly button. "It's kind of freaking me out!"
Here are a few more pictures I love from the hospital...
And, finally, the four...
My heart is complete.
13 comments:
Beautiful!!
That's a minivan full of kids!
This warms my heart so much. I have goosebumps all over. And the comments and faces you captured of the older kids are priceless. Congratulations Leigh!
Great post! I love it and I agree with Gracie, those cheeks are puffy but oh so cute!
So sweet!
Four is the perfect number of kids! Love the pictures. Take lots of "early" ones, I guarantee you'll want them later.
Adorable!!
Love it- thanks for sharing!
Awwww soo sweet!! I love the comments of the different reactions and pictures taken with baby Alex.
Love the pictures. The expressions are so cute. I can't wait to hold the little guy. Thanks for sharing.
What a wonderful post!! The pictures are absolutely priceless. Thank you so much for sharing them!
You are so living my life!
maybe you should get some blogging in before another busy weekend;-)
Post a Comment