Not much blogging time. End of semester. Research papers. Final exams. Life.
Research Papers. Don't they look like just a load of fun?
And, oh yeah, there's that little matter of an eight-pound-something bundle of joy joining our family three weeks from TODAY! Ackkk! So much to do!
So for today, just some random pieces from our life the past month...
Brendon and Leigh: Lessons we've learned lately: 1) Buying a car was kind of a ridiculous experience for us. The last time we went through this process, we did it fast because our other car had died. One day, quick decision, done. This time we were thinking how nice it was that we had time to research, look for the best deal, etc. But for two people like Brendon and I, all that really meant is that we ended up spending TOO much time on all of that jazz...complete with spreadsheets and hours on the computer researching, none of which really ended up helping all that much in our final decision. Lesson learned (hopefully) and just glad it's done. 2) Never underestimate the power of a good mattress in a good night's sleep. And it's not like we even got a fancy sleep number one or anything. Just a good ol' Serta from Sam's Club. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. So nice.
Aubrey: She's got this new little walk she does, swinging her hips and head side to side as she goes along. That, combined with her new favorite word, "Yeah!" make me laugh every day. As she be-bops on by, I'll ask, "Aubrey, do you know you're a little cutie/stinker?" "Yeah!" Her other favorite words that crack me up are "Rella," for any princess and/or barbie, and "Dude" for any type of action figure.
Our little be-bopper...who has no clue how her life is going to change in three weeks.
Shayne: The boy is in the midst of a complete and total hummingbird obsession. He's always had an interest in birds, but the hummingbird bit has been taken to a new level. His favorite pasttime is copying facts about them from books into his own notebooks, memorizing them as he goes. And then telling us them, over and over..."Did you know that a hummingbird can fly upside down and backwards AT THE SAME TIME?" "Did you know a hummingbird nest is only as big as half of a GOLF BALL?"
On the hunt for some birds at the arboretum.
Gracie: I feel morally obligated to recycle strictly based on this child's paper habit. She's addicted to it. I made her clean out her stuffed-to-overflowing backpack a couple of weeks ago, and I swear it was all paper, each one folded or crumpled into a tiny little package. When we were sorting them into keep and trash piles, every one of the pieces, no matter if the only thing on it were two little pen marks in the corner, was met with a "But that one is for so-and-so/But that's my favorite/But I'm still working on it!" Drama. Queen. Over paper.
A typical school day. Note Gracie's mouth: she chews her tongue when she is coloring/writing on her beloved papers.
Back to reality...have a great weekend!
4 comments:
I can just imagine Aubrey doing her little walk and it puts a smile on my face. Shayne's fascination with birds sounds very similar to Ethan's and whales.
Good luck with all those papers!!
Wow, only 3 weeks! I have enjoyed reading about your homeschool stuff too. You might have a Jerry Maguire kid on your hands with Shayne!
There's only one word you really need to remember: "Epidural." Begin shouting it as your drive into the hospital parking lot.
I just realized last night that I haven't looked at your blog in a long time! I thought you were due in March or April...obviously, I was wrong. :) I'll be sure to check back soon for cute baby pics! You are an amazing woman to do all the stuff you do! You make me tired just thinking about all you do! You're having a boy, right? We have another girl on the way in August. I'm glad I'm not enduring the TX humidity this pregnancy! ;)
Post a Comment