Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Photos

Last Saturday, after things had died down from the morning's Easter egg hunt and lunch, we headed out to a gorgeous bluebonnet-filled field near my parents' house for some pictures.


Just look at these sweet pictures of these sweet kids! (Click to enlarge)


Bb15 Bb13 Bb12


Now, for the rest of the story... (RIP, Paul Harvey!)


Bb6


This is classic Shayne. As you can see, he suffers from a dreadful affliction called "Inability to look at a camera out of doors." As soon as it is requested, all I get is, "My eyes! I can't! My eyes!" Even on a completely, 100% overcast and gray day, as it was this Saturday, and even when, just seconds earlier his eyes were bright and wide, just not being asked to look at the camera.


Bb5


It's a terrible condition. Do you know anyone else who suffers from this?


Bb16


Gracie, on the other hand, CAN look at the camera, but, well, this is often the result. Her other talent is magical ability to shift the focus of her eyes to another location just as the shutter snaps.


Bb3


And Aubrey has officially reached the "CHEESE!" stage.


Bb9


Which, admittedly, cracks me up. 


It was completely useless to try to get a picture of all three of them together. Completely.


Oh well.


I'll take these three anyway I can get them. Sweet...


Bb1  


silly...


Bb11


running wild...


Bb2


or even squinty.


Bb7



3 comments:

Shannon said...

The ones of Gracie crack me up because that's exactly how Rachel is. I tell her to look at the camera and just as I'm taking the picture she looks away. UGGG! Love the pictures though! Cute kiddos!

Jenny said...

that squinty eye thing is so funny. it seems the bluebonnets are disappearing this week so we got these pics just in time.

Alison Havens said...

I LOVE the bluebonnet pictures and your commentary is awesome! Poor Shayne will need to start wearing sunglasses when it comes to outdoor pics;)