Monday, March 16, 2009

Before I begin

let me just say, "Yes. I know this is crazy."


And also, "I don't have any expectations of keeping it all up, so you shouldn't either."


I have started another blog. Wait, make that two more blogs.


(Please re-read the first two statements again, now.)


The first is the one I've been mentioning here and there for awhile now, about our homeschooling. This is both for anyone who wants to follow along or is curious about this adventure/experiment, and to help in my own record-keeping of our activities. I will try to post there one or twice a month with our plans, favorites, and even failures.


The second is what I am calling my "someday" blog. When I am cruising around the Internets and stumble upon a great project or idea, I usually bookmark the page and save pictures to my hard drive for some other day. This is all fine and good, but if you've been on my computer before, you can attest to the fact that my favorites list is out of control, and I'd rather leave the room on my hard drive for my own pictures, not someone else's. So from now on, when I come across these great ideas, I'm just going to post them over to the new blog immediately with links and pictures. Basically, this means that my Christmas countdown and other craft posts that used to be here will now be ongoing over there. I've started emptying my favorites onto the site with several posts already.


Here are the links (I put them permanently in the left-hand sidebar as well):


Someday


Our Schoolhouse Rocks


Yesterday when I told Jenny what I was doing, she said, "Yeah, because you just blog so much as it is..." of course I need to expand!


So...we'll see what happens, and whatever that may be, I'm totally blaming it on Spring Break last week and having just a bit more time on my hands than I have had in the last nine months.



3 comments:

Jenny said...

if you can keep up the "someday" blog, it's going to be a hugr hit! good luck. maybe you'd let others post things they find too?

Shannon said...

I actually have another blog that Brett has helped me start up. I have one post on it! He got me going on it over a year ago. I'm excited to look at yours though because you always find and/or have AWESOME ideas!

Marchelle said...

Love the Someday blog. What great ideas. I wish I could come up with stuff like that.