Happy Valentine's Day Eve! (As Shayne and Gracie have been saying all day.)
Thought I would share some of the ways we've been celebrating around here...
These are some Valentine's Day countdowns that Shelly and I made during the Superbowl. (ha!) You wrap up little candies and prizes in long strips of tulle, adding a ribbon between each one. Then the kids have been untying one each day, starting at the bottom, as they countdown. Or would it be count up?
On Monday, we made little "mailboxes" to hang from our doorknobs so we could leave love notes for each other all week.
The kids love getting up and checking first thing in the morning for any new "mail."
One day for school, we wrote poems for everyone's mailboxes. Here are their masterpieces:
"To Aubrey" by Gracie and Shayne
Roses are red/Blueberries are blue/Cake is sweet/And so are you!"
"To Shayne" by Gracie
Shayne is sweet/Shayne is cool/Shayne likes haystacks/And swimming in the pool.
"To Daddy" by Shayne and Gracie
Daddy is love/Daddy is great/Daddy is smart/Daddy needs to take Shayne on a date. (They alternated thinking up each line for this one...can you guess whose is whose?)
"To Mommy" by Shayne and Gracie
Mommy knows everything/Mommy works hard/Mommy teaches/So we sent her this card. (Have I taught them right, or what?)
"To Gracie" by Shayne
Gracie is silly/Gracie is fun/Gracie likes Barbies/And we love her a ton.
It's been a sweet week! Tomorrow we have a heart-shaped pancake breakfast planned and maybe decorating some cookies later in the day. (And, of course, high anticipation on my part for what Brendon will be making me for our annual Valentine's dinner!)
Hope you have a great weekend and Happy Valentine's Day!
6 comments:
I'm glad to see that Jesus got in on the V-Day Action.
Roses are red
As is your site
What a great day
And hopefully night.
I love the mailbox idea...and what sweet little poems.
Okay, I must post a poem also.
Roses are red
yellow or white.
Reading your blog
is such a delight!
Wow! I wish I were a mom like you! You do a great job.
Olivia, isnt' that funny? Because *I* wish I were a mom/woman like YOU.
Plus, what you don't see in these pictures of our week are the neglected laundry piles that I had to spend all of Valentine's Day doing, and the fact that Brendon made or brought home dinner every night this week because I just wasn't up to it. THAT was our reality. I just save the good stuff for the blog. ;)
Post a Comment