Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Photos: Leftovers

My recent picture folder is woefully empty this morning, so we have some leftover beach trip photos today...


On the last night of our stay, we planned an idyllic evening on the beach: sandcastle building, sunset, and bonfire with s'mores. What we didn't anticipate, though, was Port Aransas' mutant mosquito population that comes out that time of day. There were swarms of hungry mosquitos, apparently completely resistant to the stong winds before sunset, the billowing bonfire smoke afterwards, and even the layers of bug spray coating our skin. Needless to say, our little adventure did not last; as soon as we could get a couple of promised marshmallows to the kids, we quickly packed it in for the night.


When I downloaded the pictures from our trip, I discovered this cringe-inducing gem I had captured while shooting blindly in the dark that night:


Random1


Those two dark spots on her eye are not the result of a dirty lense. Blasted mosquitoes. She looked like she had pink eye for about a week afterwards because of those two bites.


We didn't end our trip completely with this experience though. On our way out of town the next day we stopped at the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus for a little more fun with the cousins before heading home...


Random2


Shayne and Ethan checking out the dolphins.


Random3


Shark!


Random5




Shayne refusing to touch the small sharks or stingrays.


Random6


Shayne giving in to the peer pressure.


Random4


Waiting for the dolphin training show and trying to obey Mom's demands of "Turn around and smile!" despite the blinding sun.


Okay, I'd better head off now. Shelly is in town, and she, Marchelle and I are going to take the older kids to a matinee showing of High School Musical 3 before all of the teeny boppers get out of school. What?? It's for the kids! I swear! It has nothing to do with us wanting to see it.


(Please don't tell anyone...)



5 comments:

Jenny said...

I wanna go to the movie!!!!

Brendo said...

And you didn't even invite me to go with you? Thanks. And that's not sarcasm there, I am serious. Thanks for not making me go.

Shannon said...

Rach and I are going to see it tomorrow morning. We are BOTH pretty excited!!

Becky said...

Hannah saw it last night while Keith and I watched "Eagle Eye." She liked it.

Kerry said...

We loved the movie! Watched it last night with Natalie and two friends! It really made me cry! I'm such a sap!
Fun pictures of your beach trip! Love to see you all!