Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
I'm telling you...if you haven't yet been introduced or converted to the power of these babies, get thee to a Target today. They are my little miracle workers, and I find myself using them for everything. I love that they are so strong that I don't have to add harsh cleaners or chemicals in order to get maximum cleaning power. But buyers beware: Get them from the automotive section and not the household/cleaning section of the store. Same cloths, big price difference (though they won't come in the pretty colors pictured above in the auto section).
Window Shopping on the Web
Katy Shops is my favorite go-to blog for new, fun things. Design Mom is my favorite go-to blog for pretty things. If you want to drool over some couture children's clothing, check out Enchanted Enfant. And remember the "Keep Calm" print I posted in my last edition of "Things We Love"? Here's an entire shop's worth of prints just like it: love so many of the fun posters on this website.
Other Miracles of The Internets
You can listen to articles from the Ensign on the web. You can track your calories at the Daily Plate. You can sign up for Neighbor Jane Payne's newsletter and read her blog. (I don't know her, but I want to be this woman when I grow up. She's incredible.) And I love checking in on the Library of Congress flickr stream. You can catch some really cool photographs, like this one of the first all-woman jury in 1911; they heard a case about a speeding motorcylist.
Best of Becky Higgins Sketches for Scrapbooking
Even though I'm not really scrapping much these days (And yes, I do realize that the Page-A-Day in May experiment was not so successful, thankyouverymuch!), Emma gave me a copy of this book when she was in town, and it really, really makes me want to scrapbook. It's the whole time/mess thing that's the issue. Is there a book I can get for that?
HEB's Fresh Tortillas
They've become a staple in our house. The kids would rather have a plain tortilla with their breakfast than a piece of toast. White flour is of the devil.
Newman's Own Light Lime Vinaigrette
This is the perfect salad dressing to accompany Mexican food. Perfect on a taco salad or if you want to serve a regular green salad with your enchiladas. I loooove it.
Reading with Aubrey
Girl is addicted to books. I love that she is and have every intention of fostering the obsession. This week's favorites include Emily's Dance Class and How Are You Peeling?
CSI: Miami, Project Runway, Tom & Jerry, and Max & Ruby
All of our favorite tv shows, respectively. Actually, I'm totally kidding about CSI: Miami for Brendon, but it seems like he cannot NOT watch it when it's on, even though he knows he's only going to end up mocking it mercilessly. I think Leanne might be my underdog favorite on Project Runway this season.
Superhero Dads
While out shopping for Brendon's birthday presents, Gracie saw this t-shirt, knew it was "perfect" for him and couldn't be dissuaded. It really kind of cracks me up the way she idolizes (and sometimes manipulates) him...she wants basketball to be "her" sport so she can accompany him when he goes to play. When he is gone out of town or after bedtime, I get to hear an endless stream of, "But I just miss Daddy" as an excuse why she can't help clean up, go to sleep, etc. And the "Dad" shirt she was wearing in the birthday video is one of her favorite items of clothing. Yep, Daddy is definitely at the top of her "Things We Love" list.
3 comments:
Fun post! I'll have to go check out all the links! And cute present that Gracie gave Brendon. He is a super dad!!
You neglected to mention beautiful, intelligent and all around awesome mommy. I know from talking to the kids when you're not around that you are at the top of their list too and you're always at the top of mine.
OH I too love love LOVE that Becky Higgins book! That was a must have as soon as it hit the store shelves!
Post a Comment