Well, I have become a pretty poor blogger now, haven't I?
Disclaimer: If you have a weak stomach, skip the next paragraph.
At least I've had an excuse this week...we (Shayne and I) have been s-i-c-k with some kind of nasty stomach bug the past few days. Just yuck. Not that anyone enjoys throwing up, but I HATE it. I'd take a two-week cold over a 24-hour stomach bug any day. I started feeling better yesterday afternoon, but ended up in the e.r. last night with Shayne, who was so dehydrated and his stomach so irritated that he started throwing up blood. Yeah, good times. After an IV and a good dose of Zofran, we were on our way home though, and he seems to be on the mend today. The funny thing is, crazy kid, it was his first time in the e.r. and I think he actually enjoyed the whole hospital scene, especially the part where a stab-wound victim came staggering in with blood on his shirt and sent the place into a frenzy, or maybe it was the part where the electricity went out because of big storm rolling through town. He keeps reminding me today how cool it was, how good he was, and how we might have to go back there. No thanks, bud!
Anyway, after that less than appetizing start to this entry, here are the Friday Photos...of food!
The night before Grandma left last week, she treated us all to a little FHE Dairy Queen, and I caught a couple of cute pictures. Like Gracie before her dipped cone...
And Gracie after her dipped cone...
Aubrey after sharing some of Brendon's banana split...
And Shayne and Grandma enjoying their blizzards while managing to stay drip and stain free...
Well, that's it. Have a great weekend! I'll be spending it reading Breaking Dawn, the newest release of the Twilight series. <insert mocking here> No, I'm not going to any midnight release parties, but I do plan to pick it up bright and early tomorrow morning and lock myself away for the day. That is...unless Brendon is the next one to fall to the dreaded stomach bug. Better go find some wood to knock on.
4 comments:
Holy cow, sorry you guys ended up in the ER. What time are we meeting at BN??
I was about to start cursing you because you hadn't blogged. But then I read this post and I'm so sorry I even thought to do that. ;-) Hope you all start feeling better real soon!
Happy to hear you and Shayne are feeling better!
Maybe that means that Shayne will be an E.R. doctor :-) Glad you are both better.
Post a Comment