Thursday, July 10, 2008

Speaking of

Little Miss Independence...Yeah. I think it's safe to say that we've left "baby" behind and have moved into the toddler years.


                 Fourth of July 022


Little Miss has already been banned from the possession of any kind of writing instrument because she likes to color on walls, floors, books, Brendon's white dress shirt...anything. Shouldn't I have a reprieve from this kind of stuff for at least six more months?


Add to that, she is becoming a totally picky eater, which is a new experience for us. Not so much fun trying to figure out what I can give her so she doesn't starve and I don't become a short-order cook. Any suggestions?


Also, she has now figured out how to use her glasses to her advantage. When she gets mad or told no, she (after snorting/growling/blowing raspberries at me) yanks them off, sometimes even throwing them to the floor, like "I know you're not going to ignore this tantrum, Mom!" She'd figured out it was a sure way to get attention rather than being ignored for her fit. We're on to her, though, and have started ignoring even the glasses being pulled off. Because it's not too long before she remembers she can't see very well, picks them up, and apologetically brings them to me to put back on. Stinker.


And speaking of her glasses, too, we met with her new opthamologist yesterday. He told us that we should not have relaxed on the patching as the previous doctor instructed us at her last appointment. So we are back to patching for longer periods in order to strengthen her weaker eye to the point that she'll be ready for surgery to help correct the residual alignment issue. He did say that we are really lucky that she is so compliant with the glasses and patching because so many kids with the same problems fight all of it, which ties his hands from helping them. Compliant, huh? Maybe I should link the doc to this post.


Must run...today is going to start a big extravaganza of company/family in town for us for the next week and a half. Shannon and family are back today for a weekend visit, and then Karisa's family and Grandma all next week. Big fun ahead!



1 comment:

Becky said...

Heck - they make her look scholarly.