Tuesday, May 27, 2008

School's out for the Summer

Lots of fun pictures to share from the long weekend, so I'll start with Friday and the end-of-year party for Shayne's preschool class...


I'd like to introduce you to The Biggest Slip-and-Slide I've Ever Seen:


Party5


Up and down, up and down the hill. The kids couldn't get enough. The party organizers tried to get them to play a few other games...


Party1 Party2  


But each of these only lasted about five minutes. The lure back to the slip-and-slide was too strong...


Party8


Up and down, up and down the hill.


Even a giant cookie and fruit kabobs could tempt them away only briefly...


                Party7



And then it was back to the hill.


         Party3



Up and down, up and down again, pausing only for a quick splash in the pool at the bottom of the slide...


Party9


And then, down for a long summer's nap when we got home. Gotta love sheer exhaustion.



4 comments:

Becky said...

As I type this, Julia is on a Broken Arm Machine (a.k.a., "Slip N Slide") next door.

Shelly said...

Wow! That is huge! Looks like Shayne had tons of fun. We are counting down the days until school's out.

Kerry said...

I totally can't believe its warm enough to be outside in a swim suit and playing in water!! I think we need to come visit so we can play, that looked like tons of fun!

Allen said...

Oh yeah... I walked on the moon!
(see Shannon's blog if you don't know what I mean.)