Monday, May 19, 2008

Crazy Fun

It was quite a weekend here at the Moore casa. Saturday was bus-ay! Please forgive the list below, but I have to record this schedule for Brendon and myself, who couldn't help but laugh about the insanity of it as we ran around all day...



  • 8:00-11:00 a.m. Dance Recital Rehearsal


  • 10:00-11:15 a.m. Choir Rehearsal in Temple (Thanks to Nana for covering the overlap!)


  • 12:00-1:00 p.m. Errands, Lunch


  • 1:00-3:00 p.m. Naptime, Get ready for rest of day (gifts ready, clothes ironed, etc.)


  • 3:00-4:00 p.m. Birthday Party (for Gracie's friend who is moving soon)


  • 4:00-5:00 p.m. Wedding Open House (for one of the Young Women I used to teach)


  • 5:00-6:00 p.m. Dinner, Get ready for recital


  • 6:00-10:00 p.m. Gracie's First Dance Recital


  • 10:00-11:00 p.m. Home, Baths, Bed (so we can be ready to leave for Stake Conference by 8:00 a.m. the next day)


Phew! I'm happy to report that we managed to come through relatively unscathed and, I dare say, even really enjoyed the whole day. Of course, the big focus was Miss Gracie and her "Big Show," as she called it. She was precious. I have to admit that when her ballet class took the stage at the rehearsal, I was a little emotional. It was just so sweet, and it was one of those moments where you see your kid's whole life flashing before your eyes...dance recital, first date, graduation...and then, blink, she's gone. <sniff sniff> It goes so fast.



First up was the ballet number...love, love, love their fluffy red tutus, and loved the collective "Awe!" that escaped from the crowd when their curtain opened.



Grace_ruby



Next was tap. They danced to ZZ Top's "Cheap Sunglasses." So cute.



Grace_sun



Some behind-the-scenes and after party photos...Gracie spent most of the eternally long wait-time between numbers coloring, and you can see little Aubrey down there wandering around amidst all of the backstage chaos; she had a ball back there, checking everything out. And I have to give props to Shayne, who gave Gracie some of the nicest unprompted compliments of the day, telling her how pretty she looked when she was getting ready, and then thanking her for the "great show" when we were getting out of the car at home afterwards. Loved that.



Grace_recital_3



(Click on any of the collages to see larger.)



Crazy fun, but good fun...and that's the best kind.



9 comments:

Becky said...

Gorgeous!

Shannon Bolt said...

So cute! Love the costumes!! She'll have fun dressing up in those later!

Shelly said...

Love, love, love the pictures! So cute! I think I would have started to get emotional too.

Kerry said...

Gracie is so adorable! and I even said ahhh.. as your blog popped up! So So cute! I love that she got flowers.. how very special!!

Aunt Helen said...

I love the costumes..very pretty.
Gracie looked so pretty!! Ah Shayne..what a great big brother!! So sweet.

Rom Tom said...

How could you not be emotional with such a big event!?!? Gracie was absolutely adorable!

Mom Moore said...

Wow, makes a Grandma emotional that she missed the "big event". She looks beautiful. I hope you taped the whole thing so we can see it some time.

Marchelle said...

Sorry we missed it. She is so cute.

Alison Havens said...

What a fairy tale princess little Gracie is!!! Aren't we lucky to have both experienced first recitals last Sat.? Gosh, our kiddos are growing up fast!