Tuesday, May 13, 2008

All Aboard!

On Saturday, we found ourselves in Temple for the better part of the day...I had to be there to oversee the first rehearsal for the Stake choir, and Brendon had to be there to teach a class on knot-tying at a Cub Scout merit badge workshop. We made a family day of it, and while Brendon was teaching his class, the kids and I made our way over to Whistlestop Park, a totally fun little playground right next to a train yard.



While Gracie was a maniac all over the park and Aubrey mostly just enjoyed checking out and digging in the woodchip ground cover, Shayne pretty much stayed in the two positions pictured below, watching the trains pull in and out of the yard. He may be "over" his Thomas the Tank Engine phase/obsession, but the boy still loves him some real trains.Train_park



Good fun for everyone!



5 comments:

Shelly said...

Looks like fun. So sweet to see Shayne still mesmerized by trains. Cute pics!

Becky said...

Green Crocs - love 'em!

Nicole said...

So fun! Where is Aubrey's patch?

Misty said...

I can't believe how much your kids have grown since we left. It really hasn't been that long, either! Love the glasses! She must be a good girl to keep the patch on! I'm glad I found your blog info again! This time I won't lose it...I put it in my favorites! Tell your parents "Hi" from us! We miss Texas!

Leigh said...

Nicole,
Aubrey only wears her patch for two hours a day. :-)