Friday, April 11, 2008

(Late Night) Friday Photos

Crazy, crazy Friday today...and since it's shaping up to be quite a busy Saturday tomorrow, I thought I'd better get something posted while I can.



Ever since the Easter Bunny brought Shayne a set of Lego Aqua Divers, he has been planning a big "show" with them. According to his plans, the show had to be on a Saturday, he needed a stage, and he would need to "practice rehearsals." So, last weekend the big day finally arrived. (i.e. Mom decided if she was ever going to stop hearing about it, we had better go ahead and make it happen.) With a little help, Shayne set up his stage under the dining room table:



Lego1



He came up with the show's name all by himself. It's catchy, don't you think? After a brief rehearsal, he was ready for his audience and the big debut:



Lego3



I can't recall all of the details, but the plot involved two treasure divers being attacked by a large, scary fish. But fish accidently ate the divers' jackhammer instead of the divers, which caused its lower jaw to fall off. The treasure divers were then able to find their treasure (a few nickels and dimes) and safely return to the surface. The End.



And, not a photo, but because I promised some video of Aubrey walking a week ago... 



5 comments:

Jenny said...

impressive stage. I like that he even colored wavy water!

Shannon Bolt said...

That is an awesome job, Shayner!! And Yeah, Aubrey!! I love it when they discover that they can walk!! But then...watch out! :-)

kerry said...

I totally agree there is nothing like the pitter patter of tiny feet with the swishing of a diaper when little ones are walking!

Becky said...

Glad the big fish didn't jump at wandering Aubrey.....

Nicole said...

I noticed that his letters are EXACTLY formed the same way in each sign. Interesting.... (just the elem teacher in me noticing) :) CUTE CUTE footage! Oh & we have had many puppet shows around here with stages & all. The problem- they seem to NEVER end! and then this....and then this...and then this....and then this.....
maybe we need to revisit the parts of story writing :)