Thursday, April 3, 2008

Home again, home again,

jiggety jog.



I think of that Mother Goose rhyme every time I pull into my garage after an extended time away; my parents said it all the time. Totally random.



Just got back yesterday afternoon from an impromptu four-day trip to Houston, helping Shelly with her three kids while she was going back and forth to the hospital; Allen had to have gallbladder surgery. I'm pretty sure we brought more chaos than we actually helped...six kids in the house: 6, 5, 4, 3, 1, and 3 months. WoooHoo! The kids sure had fun though, and I got in some good "hold you" time with Baby Simon. (Aubrey wasn't too sure what to think about that!)



Speaking of Aubrey, we have steps! She has been so anti-walking thus far. She would just flop on the floor if you tried to get her to take any steps or hold her hands as she walked...just flop! In the past week, though, she has gotten bolder with standing unsupported and turning on her own, so last night we tried again. One, then two, then four steps between Brendon and me. Hooray! What fun. Really and truly, one of my favorite sounds in the whole world is that pitter-patter of little feet, with the little swish of the diaper. So adorable. I can't wait...it's coming! I'll have to post a video soon.



I'll be back tomorrow with a Friday Photo!



P.S. Thanks for all of the comments on the last post. I knew that series of pictures was a blog post waiting to happen as soon as I downloaded them from the camera. Glad they gave you a chuckle, too. :-)



1 comment:

Jenny said...

will there be video of the package opening?