of pictures:
Saturday evening, we had a yummy BBQ dinner and little egg hunt at my parents' house. We all had a ball, especially with the confetti eggs that have become a tradition. There was lots of chasing, cracking, and laughing. It was the most perfect weather, too. Aubrey was off in her own little world of easter basket grass and eggs filled with jelly beans that made great little maracas.
We also dyed a few eggs that night...
If you can't tell from the photo (click on it to enlarge), we ended up with a bride wearing a firefighter's helmet, R2D2, a fire-extinguisher-wielding egg in pink, an athlete, a tomboy fairy, a faceless Yoda, a cowboy, and a pink Darth Vader. Now that's what I call an Easter parade!
On Sunday, we had baskets in the morning, church in the afternoon, and then dinner at Mom and Dad's again. We also got to visit with Jenny, who was just back from Europe; she brought the kids some chocolate bunnies from Switzerland and a lovely hand-painted egg from Salzburg for me. Fun stuff! Here are just a few shots from the day:
It was a great weekend. Love, love, love Easter. The best part was finishing our devotionals on Sunday night; Shayne and Gracie really "got" it this year. We ended by reading this adorable book, The BEST Thing About Easter. Perfectly sums up my feelings about the holiday...(from the last page:)
Oh yes! I like Easter eggs, and I like Easter candy, and I like soft furry bunnies and fuzzy baby ducks, and I like getting all dressed up and being together on Easter Sunday. But...the BEST THING about Easter is Jesus! I'm GLAD Jesus loves me! I'm really, really glad; aren't you? Happy Easter, everyone!



9 comments:
Looks like Gracie take after her mom when it comes to Peeps.:)
Aubrey is just SO adorable. Her dress and Bow are THE cutest. And Shayne looks so GQ and handsome in his tie. And for those of us in the craft challenged department, how do you make the confetti eggs? Looks like ya'll are having a great time! Hoppy Easter!
LOVE that Easter Book you quoted!! I actually read that book to our homeschool book on Good Friday and we all thought it explained everything perfectly!! The pictures of the kiddos look like they enjoyed all of the Easter festivities!!
Looks like you had a fun time. Where did you find all the fun stuff for the eggs? I'm sure Brendo will say "we never had fun eggs like this when we were kids."
Kristie:
You make the confetti eggs by going to Wal-Mart and placing them in your cart. ;-)
Mom:
I got the egg decorating stuff at Target after Easter last year, on clearance...which reminds me that I should go up there sometime this week and see what they have this year!
Now that, I can do.
Leigh, where did you get the book "The best things about Easter"? Sounds like a cute book!!
Cute, cute pictures of the kids. Wish we could have been there..maybe next year!!!
If my kids ever looked that good - I would have them bronzed.
Aunt Helen:
I got it at Deseret Book years ago for the Primary class I was teaching at the time. I don't know if they carry it anymore, but I know you can order it online from amazon.com.
Post a Comment