Monday, February 4, 2008

"Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays"

Have I ever blogged about my dislike of Mondays? If not, well then, there it is. We just don't get along very well, and today even more than usual I seem to have a serious "case of the Mondays." (Name that movie!)



Anyway, on to other things! Gracie and I went down to Houston yesterday for the blessing of baby Simon, our newest nephew.



           Simon1



Isn't he a cutie? It was a good, though quick, little trip. Gracie got in some play time with Lauren, and I got in a good chat with Mom, who rode with us.



Where was the rest of our family? Shayne has some weird phantom cold or virus going on right now, so Brendon stayed home with him and Aubrey. It started out of the blue last Thursday with a high fever for 24 hours, but minus a cough, he had seemed to recover since then. Then yesterday, the fever was back; Brendon said he took three naps while I was gone, which is just unheard of. He seems to be better today, but who knows what tomorrow will bring the way this has been going. And of course, Gracie has now been struck down with an allergy attack...good times!



On the bright side, Aubrey is just as happy as can be with her glasses. She is wearing them without any problem, we haven't seen her eye turn in at all when she's wearing them, and I already don't recognize her without her glasses; they are just a part of her now! Also, she is noticing and getting into more things than ever now, thanks to her improved vision....wait, did I say that was the bright side?!



Here's to Tuesday, which will be here in a mere nine hours...I think I shall celebrate with a YouTube Tuesday!



5 comments:

Sharon said...

I think I read about that in a TPS report while eating some Pizza Shooters, Shrimp Poppers & Extreme Fajitas.
That little guy is adorable. No fair! I want one!

Shelly said...

Wow! That is a huge picture of me. Didn't expect that when I checked your blog. :-) Thanks for coming yesterday! Hope Shayne is better soon.

Kristie said...

I wished I looked that good in my new mom pictures!!! Congratulations Aunt Leigh!
When we look back on early motherhood, are we ever going to remember the times when the kids weren't sick?

Alison Havens said...

Precious new baby Shelly!!! Congratulations :)
Sorry to hear about the weird sickness for Shayne. I am ready for the 100 degree temps of Summer so the yucky illnesses will stop!!

Alison Havens said...

Also....Love the "Muuundaaay" comment. We used it
a lot around here. Molly seems to use it more than me.