Sometime over the holidays, I sat down and watched The Waitress with Jenny. Cute yet bizarre little movie. If you haven't seen it, the whole movie revolves around, well, pie. The main character, Jenna (Keri Russell), is a waitress in a pie diner and is always thinking up a new pie recipe to reflect her current state of mind, like "Pregnant, Miserable, Self-Pitying Loser Pie... Lumpy oatmeal with fruitcake mashed in. Flambé of course." Ha! Totally love it.
However, the movie, while fun, only served to renew an obsession of mine. In December of 2000, I was on a trip with some friends, skiing at Mt. Hood, Oregon. Sometime during our few days there, we ate lunch at a little diner in White Salmon, Washington. There I had the most amazing Peanut Butter Cream Pie ever. EVER. And I have thought about it, probably far more frequently than a reasonably sane person would, or should, ever since.
So, I think it's time I make an effort to find a recipe that will put the memory to rest. Do any of you happen to have a outrageously delicious Peanut Butter Cream Pie recipe you could share? I found a pretty highly reviewed one on allrecipes that I'll maybe give a go this weekend and report back. The quest begins...

2 comments:
I would love to join you on your quest, but it probably wouldn't be good for my training or goal. Maybe after. I LOVE Peanut butter!! Good luck!
I liked the movie it was good, but totally wierd! Sorry no PB pie recipie.
Post a Comment