Note the nearly gone chocolate bunny in his hand!
All of our Conference traditions are still going strong. During one session, Alex drew the picture above of his "plan to destroy the Lamanites." In his world, all bad guys have to come to a bad end--I guess we'll work on that whole "love your enemies" thing with him.
Our weekend officially started back on Thursday evening after the Wheelers arrived. We ate a "Jerusalem Dinner" with some traditional foods from the time of Christ (dates, goat cheese, olives, lentils) and some not so traditional foods for the less-than-adventurous eaters (grilled chicken, couscous, hummus), and discussed the events of Maundy Thursday.
Our weekend officially started back on Thursday evening after the Wheelers arrived. We ate a "Jerusalem Dinner" with some traditional foods from the time of Christ (dates, goat cheese, olives, lentils) and some not so traditional foods for the less-than-adventurous eaters (grilled chicken, couscous, hummus), and discussed the events of Maundy Thursday.
We had a great time with the Wheelers. We laughed hard, had good discussions, and the kids had a ball just being together. Good friends are precious, and we hope these stick for life.
Between sessions of Conference yesterday, the kids made Lego creations related to Easter--while I took a power nap--and these are what I woke up to:
(I don't remember the scriptures ever mentioning that some of the twelve apostles sidelined as security officers?)
(He was using Simon Dewey's "Why Weepest Thou?" as his model.)
I have today off also, so we are still enjoying the weekend, slowly recovering (maybe eating leftover carrot cake for breakfast?) and planning to celebrate Clark's and Oliver's birthdays tonight with the family. The hits just keep on coming!










2 comments:
these lego creations are so creative and great!
Love those lego creations.
Post a Comment